Tuesday 8 May 2018

And So It Begins...

The fields have been prepped and watered. The grass is green, the lines have been chalked, and the sun is shining. While it's still hockey season with the playoffs going on, we've overlapped into softball season as I got to don the baby blue umpire's uniform for the first time tonight! I have no idea which teams I'll be umpiring tonight, and it doesn't really matter because it's going to nice to get back on the diamonds tonight, and I'm excited for another season to get underway!

With no hockey on tonight, I'm not missing anything of importance so I feel like this is a good time to take a quick break. With me being on the diamonds all evening until very late, I'm closing up shop for one night. I'm sure there are stories to be told and information to bring forward on here, but I'm committed to the ball diamond tonight and I'm not going to have the time to scribe an article when I get home.

My Tuesdays for the next few weeks are booked until further notice as the month of May sees me on the diamond on those nights. I'll have articles posted for the next few, so don't think this lack of hockey talk will be an on-going thing. It's just a break for tonight as the softball season gets underway.

Play ball!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: