Monday 12 June 2017

Busy Night

Ron and Don are already gearing up to give me heck for being busy on a Monday, but I legitimately have a ton of stuff I need to get done tonight so that I can survive the rest of the week. I'll be busy for the majority of the week, so I need to prioritize some free time instead of chatting hockey on this site like I enjoy doing. Regardless, I will have the final totals for the HBIC Playoff Pool posted mid-week as I want to go back and ensure that I double-check everyone's total. Mistakes can happen, so I want to be right! Just know that there's no instant replay here at HBIC on these points.

In any case, I want to show CBC/Sportsnet's season-ending montage from last night as I was thoroughly impressed with the ending they put together. I've seen a lot of these over the years, but this one might rank up there as one of the best ever. I don't know how much credit goes to CBC and how much goes to Sportsnet, but this partnership they've developed in broadcasting hockey in Canada might be the best broadcast of the game on the planet. That being said, judge for yourself with this year's season-ending montage.
Pretty awesome, right? This carries on the amazing tradition that CBC ran with their season-ending montages before Sportsnet dropped billions to be the place for hockey. Instead, they brought over most of the CBC crew and personalities, and we're still getting Emmy-calibre pieces like the one above made by talented people. If one invests in talent, that talent will do some amazing things.

See you next year, CBC and Sportsnet.

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: