Friday 13 March 2015

Uttered This Week

I'm not sure if the pressure of the playoffs is getting to players, coaches, and management in and around the NHL, but there were a pile of interesting sound bites uttered this week, particularly in the last few days. I was planning on doing some sort of round-up for all of these quotes, but I wanted to stretch my wings a little and try out some new code today. Rather than link back to all of the stories, it's time to see if you were paying attention in class this week. Consider this your pop quiz!

I took some time to learn how to code a match game! Your job will be to match the quote to the person who said it. There's no prize for the lowest score or anything other than personal pride, but I am curious to see if you can narrow it down based on quote and the person's face hiding behind the squares.

If you click on a square and get a face, you obviously won't be successful if you click on a second square and another face appears. The same thing goes for squares containing quotes. If you find a face and a quote but it wasn't uttered by the person pictured, the squares will flip back over and you'll proceed to hunt down who said it once more. Once you find a correct person-quote match, it will remain flipped over. If you want to try again, the reset button at the bottom will reset and re-scramble the board for you.

Sound good? Well, have at it, kids!
Hit me in comments below with your thoughts. Is this something you'd like to see once in a while as a change on HBIC? What was your score on your first attempt? Did you have to search the internet for any of the quotes? Leave your thoughts below, and we can discuss!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

1 comment:

mtjaws said...

My score was 23, which isn't too bad. I liked playing, but honestly, I didn't really recognize many of the people. I would like to see maybe games related to hockey records or legendary performances.

And if you're feeling extra ambitious, doing stuff with Sporcle would be fun too. I love wasting time on quizzes there!