Friday 20 June 2014

Keep It Clean, Boys!

I like you guys. No, really, I do like you guys. You're awesome, you keep me honest by finding mistakes and pointing out when I go wrong, and you're solid contributors with your comments and emails. Because this blog is "of the people, by the people, for the people", I always appreciate a good reader-written article. Different viewpoints and observations being a different perspective to this blog, and I want more of that. That would be your cue.

Since I was looking for a good segue into this article, I am happy to report that two readers have decided to team up to bring differing viewpoints on a topic in one article! John M. and Neal L. have decided to go mano-a-mano in a knock-em-down battle of wits over a specific topic that is found in the world of hockey! These two are pumped for a battle royale, and I'm pumped to see them battle it out!

There hasn't been a schedule set for these bouts of wits, but we'll see an article soon. These two are weighing in now, and are set for the spotlight this weekend. However, we do need one thing from you, readers: feedback! Whether you cheer, boo, heckle, thumbs-up, or thumbs-down, John, Neal, and I would like you to offer feedback on these articles. Do you agree? Disagree? Is this a good feature? Would you like to weigh in at some point? All of this can be discussed in the comment section!

Secondly, I will always accept reader-submitted articles at any time. Always. While we all know that this blog is written by me, I will re-iterate that this blog is "of the people, by the people, for the people". I know some of you want to write something, so don't hold back. Put your thought on electronic paper, attach it to an email, and send it off to me. Again, nothing will be rejected unless it is riddled with cursing, advertisements, or egregious errors, so if you have something to say, HBIC is your soapbox!

Tomorrow, "John Kaiser" goes head-to-head with "Neal Macho Man" in a battle of wits in our first reader-submitted article of the summer! I'm psyched for this, so tune in tomorrow as we give these two men the floor for their article!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: