Sunday 10 November 2013

A Different Type Of Memorial

Jordan Boyd's time came to an end far too soon, and his passing affected many. From his teammates on the Acadie-Bathurst Titan to his friends and family in Bedford, Nova Scotia to the general hockey community, everyone felt a loss. There may have been one person, though, who felt that loss the hardest. Greg Dobson, Jordan's older brother, was extremely proud of his brother's achievements, and there was hope he'd get to see Jordan one day play in the NHL. I can't imagine how difficult it would have been for Mr. Dobson, but Jordan's memory will live on thanks to Mr. Dobson's efforts.

I received an email from Una N., and she writes,
Just to let you know that Greg Dobson, Jordan Boyd's older brother has recorded a tribute song to express the bond he had with Jordan. It is so touching. It received over 1,000 views on YouTube yesterday, the day it was released. Please feel free to view and share.
So I did what anyone would do: I watched the linked video. I have to say that it's pretty moving in terms of the lyrics. Mr. Dobson's musical talents are solid as well. Because it's Remembrance Day weekend in Canada, I think this kind of memorial is important to post. So I will.

Here is Greg Dobson with his touching tribute to his late brother, Jordan Boyd.
Again, the loss experienced by Mr. Dobson and the rest of his family is nothing I know. This tribute to his brother, though, is amazing, and I know that Jordan's memory has not and will not fade thanks to the efforts of Jordan's friends and family. Excellent job, Mr. Dobson, on a truly heartfelt tribute.

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: