Tuesday 25 December 2012

Merry Christmas, Readers!

It's Christmas today, and I have a jam-packed agenda today. My better half and I will be on the road to my parents' place today for a little home cooking and some laughter, we'll stop in at home to clean out the four-wheel drive sleigh of all of the gifts they have for us, and then we're off to her family's event tonight. Needless to say, I will probably not be around much today.

I did want to say that I received no official NHL merchandise today as per requested. I'm not really into supporting the NHL or the NHLPA today based upon the number of everyday people their greediness has affected. To anyone who has been put out of work over this idiotic CBA fight, hang in there and know that HBIC supports you more than I support the NHL or NHLPA. Everyone forgets how important the ushers, concessions people, and the myriad of other people are to the game experience.

I did, however, get a couple more books for Teebz's Hockey Library today, though. I will have the honour of reviewing Jeremy Roenick's new book, J.R.: The Fast, Crazy Life of Hockey's Most Outspoken & Most Colorful Personality, and Derek Sanderson's book, Crossing the Line: The Outrageous Story of a Hockey Original. I am most excited to read these books, so watch for some upcoming reviews on these!

As for tomorrow, I will be watching a lot of hockey. As I posted a couple of days ago, there are World Junior Championship games, Spengler Cup games, and a few AHL games on over this holiday season, and I'll happily be absorbing as many of these games as possible. I will post a quick book review tomorrow, though, and things will return to normal on Thursday as we get set for another episode of The Hockey Show.

Merry Christmas to all! Here's hoping your Christmas is the best day of the year!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

1 comment:

Peter Santellan said...

Both the Roenick and Sanderson autobiographies are in consideration for me to read. I am awaiting a book by one of the Green Men, and will likely review it once I get it and read it.