Thursday 5 July 2012

HBIC Playoff Pool Cleanup

Some of you who won in the HBIC Playoff Pool may be wondering why I haven't contacted you yet. That's a very valid question, and I want to expand on why that is. It's not because you don't deserve prizes; in fact, you very much do and I very much would like to send them. The problem is the summer and the frequency in which people check email. Some check it often, and I commend you. Some check it never, and that's where I've hit a snag. One person's email is either not being checked, or he's simply fallen off the face of the planet without notifying anyone.

So in that regard...

JAY F.! PLEASE CONTACT ME AS SOON AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE! IF I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM YOU BY JULY 11, I WILL BE FORCED TO MOVE ON!

Some other notes, word out of Minnesota is that season ticket packages are being bought at an incredible pace. Within five hours of the signings of Parise and Suter, over 700 additional season ticket packages had been sold over the rate seen this time last year. If you want to see the new Wild stars play, get your tickets now!

Also, I am in the midst of a move over the next couple of weeks as I slowly vacate my current headquarters and move to a new location. As you may well be aware, moving sucks, so I want those of you who are waiting for packages to know that my priorities have shifted slightly. In saying this, I will get a few more packages out this weekend.

Lastly, the Jets signed Al Montoya. I'm pretty sure that the Jets are trying to acquire all of the 2004 NHL Entry Draft top-ten picks. They have Ladd, Wheeler, and now Montoya who went four-five-six in that draft, so while both Ovechkin and Malkin may be off the table with the Capitals and Penguins, respectively, the Jets still have a chance to sign the third-overall pick in Cam Barker. C'mon, Jets... make it happen just for the trivia! Seven through ten would include Rostislav Olesz (currently with the AHL's Rockford IceHogs), Alexandre Picard (Calder Cup MVP with the Norfolk Admirals), Ladislav Smid (Edmonton Oilers), and former Thrasher and current free agent Boris Valabik. If the Jets made a run at these players, I'm not sure they'd be a whole lot better, but the trivia would be astounding.

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: