Thursday 28 July 2011

General Housekeeping

This is not going to be a post about needing more lemon-scented Pledge, although I will admit that Consuela's routine on Family Guy makes me laugh often. I do need to do some housekeeping around here, so I'm going to go through this as quick as I can. Bear with me if you've seen and/or heard some of these points before, but I need to get some of this mess at HBIC headquarters cleaned up before the next hockey season starts. I'm not going to draw this out any longer than it has to be, so let's get this party started with a few announcements.

  1. I asked a while back through my Facebook account what changes you, the readers, would like to see on this blog. Basically, it was a carte blanche in terms of making suggestions, and I got only one: update the logos on your banner at the top. I realize that it's outdated: the Thrashers no longer exist while the Bruins, Sabres, Blue Jackets, Predators, Senators, Sharks, Lightning, Canucks, and Capitals have all changed their logos in some way since 2007 when I started this blog. With my blog turning five years old in January, expect an announcement of some sort regarding a design contest for HBIC's new look. Yes, there will be prizes for the winner, and they will be great prizes. And yes, the new design submitted by you and chosen by me will replace my outdated banner at the top.
  2. If you want some free stuff, make sure you enter the Scotiabank/NHLPA "Ask a player" contest. HBIC is giving away t-shirts to all that ask a question via the Scotiabank Hockey Club Facebook page. All you have to do is ask a question, post the same question in the comments on this page, and you're all set! Mike E. will be getting a t-shirt at some point because he's the only person entered thus far!
  3. I just want to remind everyone that this blog is, and will continue to be, "of the people, by the people, for the people". If you or someone you know is an aspiring writer, send me your hockey stories, and I'll publish them! If you're reading this, and you have something hockey-related to get off your chest, write up your thoughts and email them to me! You can be a published writer on HBIC!
The HBIC Playoff Pool prize winners have been identified. I have everyone's email info except for one person: Matthew S. If anyone knows Matthew or if you're reading this, Matt, contact me before 11:59PM on Monday evening. If I haven't heard anything by then, I'm moving on with the awarding of the prizes. I can't wait on this forever, so please contact me ASAP.

This just in: Java is a hard language to code in if you're not very experienced with it. My ongoing struggles have set me back slightly, but I'm starting to get how this language works. Does it make sense? Not really, but I suppose any foreign language doesn't make a lot of sense when you're self-teaching yourself.

Tomorrow morning, the St. John's AHL team will be announcing their new team name and presenting its logo at a press conference. Rumours have the name being either "Capitals", "Caps", or "IceCaps". Personally, none of those names really stand out to me as being a very Newfoundland-sounding name, but there is history in each of those names. We'll find out tomorrow what Winnipeg's AHL squad will be called after having been the Moose for the last fifteen years.

That's all for today. Have a good one, kids, and get your names in for a t-shirt! And send me your hockey thoughts!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

1 comment:

Peter Santellan said...

To update on the AHL team formerly known as the Manitoba Moose, they will be called the IceCaps.