Friday 13 March 2009

Highway Robbery!

Since I was told by a number of people that Bobby Ryan's spin-o-rama goal against the Los Angeles Kings should be in the running for Goal of the Year, I've decided to change this article's format. Namely, I'll give you an example of one of the Saves of the Year, and, through the comments and email, you give me your fave save of the year thus far. There have been a number of excellent and unfathomable saves made this season, so let's see who ranks highly on your list. Those that are brought to light will help make up the finalists for Save of the Year on this blog.

However, here is the example, and a front-runner, for Save of the Year:


Nice stretch by Vokoun!

I'm super-busy tonight, so I won't be around until late, but I want you to scour the Interwebs and harken back to earlier days of the 2008-09 season to bring forth the best examples of robbery by the masked men. Saves are eligible from the NHL, AHL, ECHL, UHL, NCAA, and CHL, so have at it!

I'll post the names and goaltenders nominated on Sunday. Hopefully, we'll have several choices, making it tough to award the distinction of Save of the Year.

Until tomorrow, keep your sticks on the ice!

1 comment:

Prabath said...

Cool post, I like it. Keep it up.
http://apps.facebook.com/top_celebrities/ (Vote your favorite celebrity)
http://prabath321.blogspot.com/